RFI

[RFI] tips for finding the source of broadband mixing products

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] tips for finding the source of broadband mixing products
From: Matt NQ6N <matt@nq6n.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 21:00:27 -0500
Hello,

I'm noticing that the second harmonic of my transmitted signal is
accompanied by all sorts of broadband noise.

I am in the process of ruling out the equipment inside the shack as a cause
of this noise.

But I want to be prepared to begin the search outside the shack for things
(wall warts, etc.) that might be generating the broadband noise when
exposed to RF.

What are some techniques for localizing the causes of this kind of
broadband noise?

A screen shot of the pan adapter and a recording of the audio of the third
harmonic + noise is attached via the below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2639h09dhr8qxkf/AADr4-Nl4GS7e-Cl3TKSuq5aa?dl=0

Any advice would be much appreciated.

73,
Matt NQ6N