RFI

Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes

To: "'Anthony \(N2KI\)'" <n2ki.ham@gmail.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 20:35:18 -0500
I got called out on a DFing trip because all of a sudden several people in a
section of a subdivision couldn't get their garage doors to open one Sunday
morning.  By the time I got there the count was up to 5 doors as I remember.
Long story but found a new box on the side of a garage.  It had been worked
on (or installed?) the day before. The cable company came back out and fixed
it.   Most likely as it was assumed to be a bad cable connector
installation.
"Replacing" the box won't help if the coax connector isn't installed
properly.
73, Jim KG0KP