RFI

Re: [RFI] Safety suggestion to consider when trying to locate new it is

To: Michael Martin <mike@rfiservices.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Safety suggestion to consider when trying to locate new it is generated by parent company hardware
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2019 01:22:56 +0000
OK.  I confess I've never had a wire fall on me.  But there are better
tools.  MFJ (I hate to admit) sells an ultrasonic microphone much like
those used by professional power providers.  It is far better at locating
problems than the walking battery-powered radio.  Arcs and coronal
discharges produce copious amounts of acoustical energy above our hearing
frequency limits as well as RF energy.  It's a wonderful tool.

Dave - WØLEV

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 1:14 AM Michael Martin <mike@rfiservices.com> wrote:

> A good reason to avoid hitting a whole you suspect is it contain a source
> of noise.
> You're looking for a noise generated on a power system that has at least 7
> KV from line to ground you could be much higher. Summer common Sense game
> for me, and I know it isn't so common these days you want to consider the
> fact that you're looking for an arc 35 or  feet, or further above your
> head. Considering it's an arcing source that's obviously caused by loose
> connections. It really wouldn't be wise to beat on the poll standing
> underneath of a loose connection with a higher voltage across it. I have
> been witness to things falling off the poles when people have done this.
> imagine having a loud muffler on your car and your neighbor comes up and
> starts kicking it! You would like it. Anything that belongs to the power
> company's their responsibilities don't touch it!
> Mike Martin k3rfi
> RFI Services
>
> ⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

*Dave - WØLEV*