RFI

[RFI] Thoughts on What This Is?

To: <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Thoughts on What This Is?
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 19:59:11 -0600
Lemme try this again. I screwed up my first request by not realizing my
YouTube video was uploaded as private. It is now public, and any input would
be appreciated.

Anyone know what this noise is?:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDhql7f2EQ&feature=youtu.be>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfDhql7f2EQ&feature=youtu.be

It's pretty wideband. Scope is only showing 10 kHz both sides of where I
shot the video but I couldn't identify a specific center frequency for the
noise. It goes way farther than that in both directions.

The noise usually impacts 60m, but I can tell it's there (although weaker)
when I am on other bands. It is not continuous, but like most noises comes
at inopportune times and lasts for varying lengths of time. It also seems to
move around a bit - sometimes I can tell it's there when listening to 60m
but I find it much stronger way outside the band.

It doesn't appear to be there in the middle of the day, although admittedly
I may not be listening as much then.

Larry K5RK