RFI

[RFI] Tesla interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Tesla interference
From: RVZ via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 16:16:23 +0000 (UTC)
Is this the same Tesla that manufactures automobiles?
73, Dick- K9OM

All:
I received an update from Tesla's Ashley Holmen today. She once again said that
Tesla and SolarEdge agree that they are not liable for interference caused by
their solar panel systems.
However, she said that she spoke with ARRL engineer Paul Cianciolo and she is
now waiting for his tests to be completed so they can determine what needs to
be done to resolve the issue.
With FCC regulations being what they are, the outcome seems to depend on how
much weight harmful interference carries.
Mentioning liability at every turn is concerning, but I suspect Tesla will work
with the ARRL to find a solution. We shall see.
Tony -K2MO