RFI

Re: [RFI] SolarEdge RFI Inverter On/Off Test

To: "'Kim Elmore'" <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, "'Tony'" <dxdx@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] SolarEdge RFI Inverter On/Off Test
From: <r55stan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 08:24:38 -0800
Another inverter brand I found to be absolutely quiet is Fronius (also German
made).  That is the brand of inverter I have for the solar power system I have
at my house.  Just after I had it installed, I checked every band with a SDR
(connected to my station antennas) to see if any signals stopped when I shut it
off.  I found nothing.  I know all inverters use switching to do their thing
and was curious what frequency my Fronius uses.  Standing near it in the garage
with the SDR heard nothing.  Finally, I draped a wire as the SDR antenna over
the inverter and found very weak signals at 20 kHz intervals.  Compare that to
SolarEdge systems that a portable radio picks up at 700 feet.

Randy KQ6RS