RFI

Re: [RFI] FCC Limits on Harmful Interference

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [RFI] FCC Limits on Harmful Interference
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 21:51:17 +0000
Even the limits those of us who play EMC/RFI set by the FCC and the EU
would, by most amateurs radio operators, be considered 'harmful'.  The set
limits for radiated emissions which products must pass when evaluated in an
accredited lab are really quite strong 'signals' when dealing with our
hobby.

Personally, I believe all of Part 15 should be revisited and field strength
limits lowered and frequencies increased.  However, the present FCC really
doesn't give much of a rip about Part 15.  Read my QRZ page, especially the
last paragraph - all from real life experiences.

Dave - W ØLEV

On Fri, Feb 7, 2020 at 4:10 PM Hare, Ed W1RFI <w1rfi@arrl.org> wrote:

> The FCC has never determined a level that constitutes "harmful
> interference." For Amateur Radio, the term is defined essentially as the
> repeated disruption of a licensed radio service.  If the FCC were to set an
> actual limit, it would be higher than we want and, worse, they may require
> Amateurs to accurately measure field strength before determining
> interference to violate the limits.
>
> Ed

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*