RFI

Re: [RFI] Unbelievable (amazing) response time from utility company

To: RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Unbelievable (amazing) response time from utility company
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 19:17:51 -0800
"I wanted to post this info as this is the fastest response time I have every encountered from a utility company, and it sure improved my attitude regarding how some utility companies can indeed be very responsive."

Amazing.

Some things I've recently learned added to things we've already known.

Noise comes from arcing.

The extent does not matter, as no matter how one describes it, it's still just an "arc".

If you hear it, there is an arc, they neither know, nor care how it was heard.

If there is an arc, there is a potential for another "Paradise, CA" incident.

Based on this, persons may wish to push for repairs in under a day, to prevent another incident, along with all that it became, and liability to those that own, or maintain the equipment.

As companies already have resources in place to locate, and resolve such issues, then, "within four hours" (when they cared, and were held liable), as it was just a few years ago, is not unreasonable.

To not be "that guy", then, by the end of the work day is certainly acceptable, unless, of course, as some of us have seen, arcs, sparks, dripping material, burning poles, et cetera, at which point one may wish to expedite things by dialing 911.

Run with this, as it's their ass, not yours, unless of course, they do NOT resolve the issue, as required...

Kurt