RFI

[RFI] Not QUITE OT

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Not QUITE OT
From: Charles Gallo <charlie@thegallos.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 08:25:29 -0500
Hey Gang,

It is starting to look like the company I'm working for MAY (note the
MAY) start selling complete devices, vs components, which of course
means Part 15 etc.
Now, as far as we know, simply because of what we measure, out existing
stuff is low noise (I2C bus on one side, all uV and mV level near DC
(basically DC, but the levels tend to fluctuate over many minutes -
think temperature in a fish tank, or pH - makes for the worlds most
boring graph why you look at a number that is either 7.1 or 7.2 all day,
every day, and the value is a DC mV signal.  We had to do a LOT of work
to make the circuits EMI clean on the INBOUND signal, which tends to
clean up the outbound

Anyway, I'm thinking "How do we informally test our stuff BEFORE we go
out to the Part 15 lab?"

My actual biggest worries are the USB power supply (I posted one here,
someone asked RE RFI - quick answer - the Made in the USA version SEEMS
ok, the one that looks the same, weights 1/2 as much and costs 1/2 as
much from China is a POS, and we're never ordering them again), and
believe it or not, the Raspberry Pi we plug our probes into.

Anyone know of a good informal way?  I assume a spectrum analyzer, with
some probes...

Also anyone know if the RPi is clean, assuming clean power in?

--
73 de KG2V
Charles Gallo