RFI

Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics

To: k1ttt@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED streetlights - Lumenistics
From: Ken Winterling <wa2lbi@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 13:31:08 -0500
I remember years ago when municipalities replaced incandescent traffic
lights with LED lights to save money.  They discovered that in winter the
snow would cover and block the lights since they didn’t generate heat like
their predecessors.

The solution was to add heaters which, of course, reduced the cost savings.
This is similar to replacing incandescent bulbs in older cars with LEDs and
needing load resistors for the emergency and directional signals because
the old flashers required a minimal load current to operate.

Ken
WA2LBI

Ken
WA2LBI