RFI

Re: [RFI] Light bulb QRM at VHF

To: "Hare, Ed W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, "rfi@lists.contesting.com" <rfi@lists.contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Light bulb QRM at VHF
From: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 22:05:11 -0700
"Unfortunately, they didn't list the manufacturer or model. If the manufacturer is selling 120v models in US big-box stores, I would get a couple of them to see if they are radiating about Part 15 limits."

I've listed several in this forum over the years, as I've come across them, including several models of the type described.

So far, anything sold as "LED Filament" is going to be the worst noise producing POS you've ever heard, and, almost every place that sells bulbs are filled with them, having gotten worse in the past several years as the stylized bulbs have become more popular.

Anyone else find "led filament" funny? It's one, or the other, and the technologies are unrelated, despite being nearly equally old...

Interestingly, the article does not show the type of bulb described.

Kurt