RFI

Re: [RFI] looking for larger size ferrites

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] looking for larger size ferrites
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 14:10:13 -0700
What frequency(ies) are you trying to suppress? In general, simply clamping a ferrite over coax or hard line is effective only from about 100-500 MHz, depending on the ferrite mix. Fair-Rite #31 or #43 below about 250 MHz, #61 above that. Multiple turns on Fair-Rite #31 are required below that frequency.

http://k9yc.com/2018Cookbook.pdf
http://k9yc.com/ChokesVHF.pdf

I've found Arrow Electronics to be a great vendor for the the quantities of parts that I need IF they have them in stock, and they stock a lot of Fair-Rite. Shipping is free for a $50 order placed online. Other vendors and a tutorial discussion of how ferrite chokes work are in this link.
http://k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

73, Jim K9YC