RFI

Re: [RFI] RV converter noise

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] RV converter noise
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 15:46:30 -0500
Samlex seems to make good products.

73,
Scott K9MA

On 5/28/2020 15:34, Bill Mader wrote:
You nailed the terminology Scott.

I use a Samlex SEC-1250UL converter after the original POS Winnebago
installed let the smoke out.  I have never heard noise/birdies on HF from
it when using dipoles or an end-fed wire, typically within 15 to 100 ft.
from the converter.

I took my PL-660 to the RV this afternoon.  I could locate noise with it
located within inches of the converter.  I chose Samlex due to my
experience with their power supplies which I have used for my ham gear.

The Honda i2000, and far worse, Predator 2000, generate far more noise.
I'm building a choke line filter described in Jim's, K9YC, paper about his
CAQP/7QP experiences.  I had planned to test it during FD this year but the
RV will stay home per NM DoH orders.