RFI

Re: [RFI] Swimming Pool Pump RFI

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Swimming Pool Pump RFI
From: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 04:32:56 +0000
Hi Jim,

The installer told me he will be sure the manufacturer has a solution or he will remove it and install a AC motor or whatever it takes to stop the noise.  I'm going to leave the entire project up to the owner and installer.  They know about FCC Part 15.  It seems that DC motors are showing up everywhere.  My neighbor had to remove several DC motor ceiling fans.  I offered to visit the fan store with him to pick a clean model.  Most all were DC fans and we only found a couple that did not generate RFI.  The store took the previous fans back and installed the new ones.  My biggest help with neighbors has been a copy of the WSJ RFI article From March 12, 2014.  If anyone wants a MS Word version I can Email it.  Jim W6YA