RFI

Re: [RFI] Sound Card

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Sound Card
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 22:00:58 -0700
On 9/15/2020 5:22 PM, David Eckhardt wrote:
Lots of clamp-on ferrites with multiple turns through each at both ends of
the cable.

Actually, the most important thing is proper bonding from chassis to chassis of all the interconnected gear, AND powering all the gear from 1) the same outlet; or 2) outlets that share the same green wire; or 3) outlets whose green wires are bonded together at the outlet.

Lots of detailed advice on this in Ward Silver's ARRL book on Grounding and Bonding, and in a slide deck on my website that I've used for talks at Pacificon, Visalia, and to several ham clubs. Most of the material in the talk was incorporated into Ward's book, on which we collaborated.

73, Jim K9YC