RFI

Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.

To: rfi <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 05:10:00 -0600
This may be a bit of good news.  Around here a solar company has been
trying to get people to sign up, but their business model is something
called "community solar."  That means they construct some panel farm
in an open area with nothing nearby but softball fields and the like,
and customers subscribe and supposedly receive electricity generated
from sunlight.

I am hoping any folks around me who obsess over their carbon footprint
sign up, instead of putting panels on their property.   I don't have a
problem with lowering carbon emissions, but I do have a problem with
methods that are a poor use of resources or are not realistic in the
long run.  The community solar concept may be the way for people to
get that feel good kick that's similar to driving around in a Prius
etc. so I hope this venture is successful.

73

Rob
K5UJ