RFI

Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.

To: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Difficult power line RFI find.
From: Dave <rocketnj@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:22:55 -0500
Gentlemen,

I want to thank everyone for their insights and contribution to this list.

I have been getting power line noise for a few years here. It is pronounced
when sunny and dry then wind picks up. The Flex 6600m wide noise blanket can
drop the pan adapter noise floor 20 dB or better but issue is with the wind the
noise rapidly comes and goes.

I am now disabled and cannot walk far but I am going to try and track it down
using some of the techniques outlined here. I have used my Yagi on 15 meters to
get a W-NW heading, so someplace to start. I have the ability to watch the HF
pan adapter on my iPhone while searching. I also have two portable SW receivers
and a VHF/UHF scanner capable of AM mode.

Again, thanks for sharing your stories. I have learned a lot and looking
forward to hopefully isolating the source to help the utility company fix it. I
know the person in charge of the group that fields RFI complaints so that
should help.

73 and keep up the good work!

Dave wo2x

Sent from my waxed string and tin cans.