RFI

Re: [RFI] Tin roof under yagi ... RFI?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Tin roof under yagi ... RFI?
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 10:59:32 -0300
John,

You didn't say what band(s) the yagi was for. 70cm? 6m? 10m? Standard
Tribander? 40m?

The feed type and coax isolation (balun, ugly balun) etc. may also play a
role.

re: RFI-QRP or kW+

Why are you asking.do you HAVE RFI? (or are you planning this installation)

For my money, I absolutely wouldn't worry about.  Too many folks get wrapped
around

the axle on things they either can't control or haven't happened yet.

GL, Mike VE9Antenna Antenna

=========

Curious, with a horizontal pattern yagi, some 50ft above a 12x22ft stand
alone

radio shack with a tin roof ... what is the probably of RFI and/or pattern

distortion?

Your comments will be appreciated, thank you!

John

WA4AIP

ARRL Charter Life Member

    50 Years HAMMING!