RFI

[RFI] RG-400 UV Resistance?

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] RG-400 UV Resistance?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 21:08:29 -0500
I have some RG-400 with which I'm making some K9YC CMCs. But I can't find anything specific about the jacket's resistance to sunlight: only that "FEP is resistant to sunlight." How resistant is it? Do I need to worry about it cracking after a few years, or is it as good as anything else, such as Belden 8267 (aka RG-213) in this regard?

Kim N5OP
--
Kim Elmore, Ph

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, UAS, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/“I occasionally play works by contemporary composers and for two reasons. First to discourage the composer from writing any more and secondly to remind myself how much I appreciate Beethoven." – Jascha Heifetz/