RFI

[RFI] Shopping for new HVAC. Concerned....

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Shopping for new HVAC. Concerned....
From: Charles Plunk <af4o@twc.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 16:46:08 -0600
Shopping to replace my 25 yr old 2.5 ton 80kBtuh gas fired all in one package heat/air unit for my small 1250sq ft brick house. I sure hate to give it up. RFI free and never called anyone to fix it. I always cleaned it myself. Heat exchanger shot so its time i guess. Relatively mild winters here so thinking about a single stage heat pump. I just don't like gas and we have no other gas appliances in the house thus paying a minimum gas bill probably 6-8 months out of the year, money wasted.

I have contacted a contractor that I use to use when I was at the local hospital working 19 yrs as maintenance manager. After reading over archived posts of this board, I told them I wanted one with built in RFI suppression or a optional kit and told them why. By reading it seems they all have variable speed motors or PWM nowadays. But i also read of success with #31 toroids. But I had rather have any factory kit available installed on the front end.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Chuck
W4NBO