RFI

Re: [RFI] Clamp-on Ferrites

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Clamp-on Ferrites
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 13:33:11 -0700
On 6/26/2022 1:11 PM, Dan K2YWE wrote:
Any suggested snap-on cores or other ideas?

k9yc.com/publish.htm

Snap-on cores are optimized for VHF. To make them effective at HF, we must wind multiple turns through the RIGHT cores. Fair-Rite #31 is the ONLY good solution.

Study the app notes on RFI on my webpage. The appendix to
k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf
includes part numbers and sources. The winding guidance in the app note about Killing Receive Noise applies directly to interference TO home entertainment systems.

Also, pay attention to the material in the link about "Pin One Problem," which is a major cause of RFI. EVERY cable connected to equipment is a receive antenna for our signals that excite Pin One Problems. CATV and speaker cables are some of the "best" antennas.

73, Jim K9YC