RFI

Re: [RFI] Solar Edge Prototype Optimizer

To: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>, Tony <73guddx@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Solar Edge Prototype Optimizer
From: "Hare, Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 21:41:52 +0000
They had one earlier attempt that did not prove successful, so they didn't go
into production.  If this makes a substantial improvement, I will probably ask
Tony if I can do a site visit to take a look at the results.

A lab could measure it, but they usually do not measure things with full wiring
connected to it. The lab will be equipped to measure only the radiated
emissions from the unit above 30 MHz and the conducted emissions onto the ac
mains below 30 MHz, probably with a single panel with moderately sized wiring
attached.  The issue of interference is radiated below 30 MHz, which neither
the US nor European standards cover.

Ed, W1RFI/9