RFI

[RFI] Following up with Solar Edge

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Following up with Solar Edge
From: Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ <wa2sqq@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2024 16:35:55 -0400
Jim
When the installation was completed I was told they would turn it on to do
preliminary testing. I asked that they ring my doorbell and let me know.
No doorbell, but I had my Flex on (40m & 75m) and saw about 1 minute of
wideband QRM. I ran outside and he sarcastically said “I”m done, I don’t
need your testing”. It was at that point when I filed a complaint. They
apologized for the installers comments and expressed concern because they
were one of their largest installers.

I am going to coordinate the e-mail I received, and my response with the
ARRL. What Inwas surprised at was that Solar Edge admitted that they had
little experience in thee matters. They explained that the company
originated in Israel where these problems don’t exist.

On 7/15/2024 6:23 PM, Bob Kozlarek WA2SQQ wrote:
>   I did file a
> formal complaint with them.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you've filed a complaint when you've
yet to be harmed by the system. The fact that their systems have caused
noise to others is NOT a valid reason for YOU to be complaining.

73, Jim K9YC

*Best 73 de WA2SQQElmwood Park, NJ"The only dumb questions are those we
don't ask"*