[RTTY] Important RTTY contests?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Important RTTY contests?
From: k4ww@home.com (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 05:37:29 -0400
If "world wide" participation is the "determining factor", I would agree
that CQ/NRJ WW DX and CQ/NRJ WPX should be  considered "biggie's"! The "down
side" on both these (for me) are the duration! Unless I am part of a m/o, I
have no intention of doing 48 hours continuos! I also enjoy those contests
that offer a single band category, as that allows me to choose the time
frame that I would like to operate, and not be restricted to operate the
entire contest period. The unique time format for SARTG allows me to
participate full time, still get some sleep, and even leaves time to do
other things! I suspect that opinions will be as varied as the replies that
are sent, as it should be? My usual "defining factor's" for entering a
contest: 1) Did I have fun in it last year, 2) Is there a category for me to
be competitive?
Regardless of the importance to "me", the important thing is what is
important to "you"!
C'Ya, Shelby

BTW, Barry check out:   http://www.rttyjournal.com/contests/index.htm