[RTTY] K1JE NAQP RTTY 2001 SOAB

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] K1JE NAQP RTTY 2001 SOAB
From: michael@joens.org" <michael@joens.org (Michael C. Joens)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 14:58:26 -0400
Band     Q    Mult
 80        17      12
 40        45      27
 20       175      44
 15        78      25
 10         5       3

TOTAL 320 Q's  x  111 mults = 35,520 Claimed Score

That was fun!

My brand-new 756PRO (replaces a 756 that got damaged by lightning, big
thanks to the insurance) got its first real workout. Boy, do I love those
twin peak filters! Between Writelog's decoders and the one built into the
rig, I can copy just about anything I can hear. I guess you would call that
"decoder-diversity receiving". Plus, I can have a QSO within 500 Hz or so
of where George, W1ZT is CQ'ing and pinning my s-meter (he lives about 1.5
miles from me). I don't mean to sound like an Icom commercial, but it's
true.

I found that on 40m I could only run 50W due to an RFI problem I haven't
been able to fix since the storm that took out most of my equipment. I used
to be able to go full tilt with the linear (in other contests, of course).
Thanks to those who heard me anyway.

In retrospect, I should have spent more time on 10 and 15, but I had a good
run on 20m that I didn't want to give it up. Nevertheless, I worked a total
of 45 states and 3 provinces. Now, if everyone spends the 21 cents and
sends me a QSL card, I'll get pretty darn close to the RTTY WAS certificate
- that would be great.

Rig: Icom 756PRO
Software: Writelog 10.22B
Computer: homemade Pentium 4 (also thanks to the insurance)
Antennae: Force-12 C3, 40m inverted Vee, 80m shortened inverted Vee

73,

Michael, K1JE

P.S.: If you want to send me a much-appreciated QSL, the address is:
Michael Joens, 4 Sunnycrest Ave., Beverly, MA 01915. Thanks!