[RTTY] GU0SUP NAQP score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP NAQP score
From: Phil Cooper GU0SUP" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper GU0SUP)
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:29:56 +0100
Hi one and all..................

Here is the score from GU0SUP, but first a small soapbox.

>From the rules, it isn't clear whether DX stations can work each other, and
is probably why many non-NA stations don't take part. Ah well, I made two
non-NA Q's, so I didn't lose too much.

Strangely, I had planned to start on 15m (that being around 7pm local time),
and work it until just after dark, when I expected the band to start
closing. However, it got better later in the evening, and I found myself
working W6's and W7's around our midnight.

Highlight for me was bagging XF3CI (not for contest points!), as a new one
for me on 15m.
Also, bagging ND on 15, and also NE!

10m was dead as a doornail here, and wasn't active at all during the daytime
either.
I did spot several EU stations working NA's that I simply couldn't hear -
good evidence that my poor old G5RV just doesn't cut the mustard in such
conditions.

20m was sporadic at best, but I found 15m to be quite good at times,
although much band-hopping was necessary.

So, here is my very meagre score:

Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band