[RTTY] Windows and RTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Windows and RTTY
From: jay@ieway.com (Jay)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:47:39 -0700
I must have missed something, somewhere. Why re-create anything?  There is
currently a mighty fine 32 Bit Windows program that does RTTY already.
Writelog for Windows. You can find the info at:

http://wwww.writelog.com

You may well find that it has all the features that you are looking for in
a program. The recreation of a program just doesn't happen in the world of
programming.

I program in Turbo Pascal, and Delphi which is the Windows/Linx Version of
the pascal but a 3rd generation language.

WF1B and TR were/are both Turbo Pascal programs. They work under windows
actually just fine if you know how to set up windows. [Don't ask me how].
But neither will ever become Windows applications.

I started with Scotchlog by WA7EGA which was shareware from the early 80's.
It mostly beat logging by hand, but had its own buggy molments. I recall,
using two keyboards from HC5J when the interface from the program to the
send broke/bug.  WF1B then brought us into the modern era with WF1B, but as
all things time passes and programs and operating systems change.

Now we have Writelog.  It works fine. Many of us use it. Check the winners
circle, most of the winners run Writelog. Buy it.  For the money that any
of the Ham Radio Program's charge you should just own it.  I currently own,
CT, TR, WF1B, Writelog.  I use Writelog as it takes the first three and
makes it all work under Windows for CW, SSB, and RTTY.

Email Ron, K5DJ at sendmail:k5dj@writelog.com  and tell him that I sent you
as he doesn't pay me, but I do Beta Test for Writelog.

As to contest modules. As far as I know Writelog supports each and every
RTTY contest that I know about. It supports most known modems to include
soundcards.

There is also public information available that lets users/programmers
create there own contests.  No its not like CT, no its not like TR, no its
not just like WF1B, its better by far.

As to Log Windows I haven't tried it, but I suggest you buy it also, as
maybe with an Extra $200,000 income they will bring it out?  But for the
same $200,000 maybe you could get Ray to un-retire, he and Suzzane could
probably use the money for the kids education. Maybe we should all just
send him a check in appreciation for getting us started along the road of
modern RTTY contesting?