[RTTY] Wanted

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Wanted
From: Dean St. Hill" <vision2000@sunbeach.net (Dean St. Hill)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:30:21 -0400
Hi Guys

I just wondered at the risk of being somewhat flamed, whether in fact all
this effort need be made, given the fact that WriteLog is already available.

I actually own and use(d) both pieces of software, and while I did not use
Writelog for anywhere near 13 years - more like 2 years, once I made the
transition to WL, I have not really looked back.

I will also add here that I've been using CT practically from the day it was
publically available, and while I still own it, I am just beginning to be
comfortable enough with the WL software, that I prefer it over CT.

So the bottom line is - shouldn't we check out what's actually available,
before we start trying to re-invent a rounder wheel. For me, learning WF1B
was difficult, since I had all the CT keys programmed into my fingers...
same for WriteLog... but once you spend time with the software, you'll get
the hang of it.

My comments are not ment to upset anyone, but as a real-world comment from
someone who has been there and done that, but who also recognises the need
to move on and as the young 'uns would say - get with the programme.

Just my $00.01 worth...

73, Dean St. Hill - 8P6SH vision2000@sunbeach.net
                                         dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb