[RTTY] UA-Contest DK3VN (SOABLP)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] UA-Contest DK3VN (SOABLP)
From: Waldemar.Kebsch@arcormail.de (Waldemar Kebsch)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:23:23 +0100
Hello,

what a big surprise! Although the UA-Contest is not a big one and the band
conditions where not good allways, I have printed many different callsigns,
especialy from the States! I was not surprised, that this time Don/AA5AU
was the onlyone from "Double-Uuuuu-Land" on four bands: 40..10m :-) .

We had real short skip conditions; never before I have worked so many DL's
on 20m and 15m. In many other contests I was lucky, if I worked one for
a Mult, just diging him out of the noise. On the other hand 80m and 10m
where allmost dead; not very much activity there. :-(

In the NAQP I have used the nickname "KHANDJAR" - just for fun - and
now in the UA-Contest someone responded to me with:

  "DK3VN QSL 599 05 05 SPACIBO KHANDJAR 73 DE W... SK"

Hmm .., believe me, my eyes and my mouth where wide open .. ~:-)

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band
Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80        29   145     4    13
40        61   350    11    22
20       220  1610    22    41
15       129   975    12    36
10         4    30     2     4
Total    443  3110    51   116
Claimed Score: 519.370, Power: 80W
--
GDXF#207:Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low!