[RTTY] RE:RTTY TOP-LIST

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RE:RTTY TOP-LIST
From: Siegfried.Semba@t-online.de (Siegfried Semba)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:01:24 +0200
Hi all,

please first

1. The RTTY TOP-List - just for fun - no official !

2. All final results will be added to database automatically - no entries by
hand. All errors in final published results are also in Database.

3. Top-List is automatically generate by Database-Results. Differences
between Top-List and data base normally not possible.

4. Pse understand, I can´t add Results for different calls. It´s not
possible and not intended.

5. Nobody is perfect. If you discover an error, give me an hint.

7. Nonsense?  - pse don´t consider the TOP-LIST simply.

--------

don, aa5au wrote:

>It would be neat to do something like this for single ops only.  Perhaps
>come up with a point system like NASCAR or Formula 1 racing but it
>would be next to impossible to do really.  Or maybe Sigi could separate
>Single Op and Multi-Op stations in the future.

I think about it...
---------

bill wrote:

>one other problem with his list is he shows stations using a /
>designator as two different stations.  Perhaps he does not realize some
>contests require the / when operating in a call district different from
>the one in the basic call, even though nothing else has changed.

Yes, I do not realized this. But change is easy. I will do it after scc.
----------

K4WW wrote:

> just as the "entry category" system in contesting is "flawed"!

I fear that also ...

---------

UT2IO wrote:

>This table far from perfect. For example, my friend Nick UT2IZ
>has made 10298 QSOs in 9 contests(from Sigi's list) during 2000.
>And he always works single. (His result in table - 5854 QSOs).

Your friend participate on 6(!) contests with call UW8I with 5.854 QSO´s -
no more.

>And I think there are more such mistakes in this table.

Think or know? If you know it, pse give me a hint.
---------

vk4cej wrote:

>It doesn't really matter  who's name / call gets put into the number one
>position simply because they have the most points.. That system will always
>be incorrect...

because you are the only one , will be change database to one call: vk3cej.

W4OX wrote:
>Best Op / Worst QTH
>Worst Op / Best QTH

only two classes for vk3cej? I think, he need more ...
--------

DK3VN wrote:

> Basic Rules of the SOAB DX RTTY World Rank List: "WRL"

Waldemar, lets work together. Your "rules" are ok, but ranking by formula?

A works SOAB 400 QSO´s with 50 participants. Result: 20. WW = 29 points
B works SO10  400 QSO´s with 10 participants. Result:  1 WW   =  9 points

It is probably more easily to work 400 QSO´s at all Bands. A achieves more
points. This is not fair. In Test with few users are possible qso´s fewer.
Ranking by qso´s is fair.

Tnx Don, AA5AU, for the beginning of discussion. Gladly I discuss a new,
better ranking.
Thanks to all, which supported the data base, particularly Eddie, W6/GOAZT.
Further suggestions or criticism are welcome.

CU all in SCC tomorrow
73/GL de Sigi, DJ3NG

if you like it:
http://www.qsl.net/dj3ng