[RTTY] OT: XFlare arrival time

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] OT: XFlare arrival time
From: w1zt@mediaone.net (George Johnson)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 20:32:35 -0400
Ekki,
I believe the data was X-radiation energy that I saw on the chart and it
will propagate comparable to any shorter wavelength EM wave (ie: up to light
speed).  The X-ray impact on our propagation paths is what you observed so
quickly.  I did not see any mention of any CME from this area (yet) but you
are quite correct in saying there would be a delay in earth impact from that
sort of mass ejection.

Nice to hear you had a good score :-))  Sorry to have missed the last
contests but I am presently attending to family needs and not QRV from home.

73 and hope to meet you in CQ/RJ WW.
George .. W1ZT