[RTTY] RTTY Problem Solved

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Problem Solved
From: VE6YR@aol.com (VE6YR@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:36:14 EDT
--part1_35.1a297610.28c0602e_boundary

What a great group you are.  In a matter of a few hours, my RTTY problem,=20
that has existed for a few weeks,  has been solved by people who are=20
interested in other people.

Apparently my 1000-MP 6-1 menu setting was changed during a demonstration of=
=20
a RTTY software program. The Yaesu manual states that the default setting fo=
r=20
RTTY polarity is NORMAL and N2KI's 1000MP Menu Selection List says the same=20
thing.=20

One ham suggested that I try changing my setting to REVERSE. He feels that=20
NORMAL is incorrect for his situation and has his transceiver set to REVERSE=
.

I changed my 6-1 menu setting to REVERSE and now everything works 100% using=
=20
the TNC and also using the soundcard, just the way it did before the=20
demonstration.

Many thanks to everyone for your help.=20

73 =A0Bob =A0=A0VE6YR

--part1_35.1a297610.28c0602e_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SCRIPT" FACE=
=3D"Comic Sans MS" LANG=3D"0">What a great group you are. &nbsp;In a matter=20=
of a few hours, my RTTY problem,=20
<BR>that has existed for a few weeks, &nbsp;has been solved by people who ar=
e=20
<BR>interested in other people.
<BR>
<BR>Apparently my 1000-MP 6-1 menu setting was changed during a demonstratio=
n of=20
<BR>a RTTY software program. The Yaesu manual states that the default settin=
g for=20
<BR>RTTY polarity is NORMAL and N2KI's 1000MP Menu Selection List says the s=
ame=20
<BR>thing.=20
<BR>
<BR>One ham suggested that I try changing my setting to REVERSE. He feels th=
at=20
<BR>NORMAL is incorrect for his situation and has his transceiver set to REV=
ERSE.
<BR>
<BR>I changed my 6-1 menu setting to REVERSE and now everything works 100% u=
sing=20
<BR>the TNC and also using the soundcard, just the way it did before the=20
<BR>demonstration.
<BR>
<BR>Many thanks to everyone for your help.=20
<BR>
<BR>73 =A0Bob =A0=A0VE6YR</FONT></HTML>

--part1_35.1a297610.28c0602e_boundary--