[RTTY] W7TI CQWW RTTY SOABHP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W7TI CQWW RTTY SOABHP
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:49:36 -0700
Worked EM1HO (Antarctica) during the contest and again on 15m SSB about
30 minutes after it was over.  Also heard AA6TY work him on SSB.  Cool!
Pun intended!

Good propagation, especially on 10 after a no-show summer.  I didn't
quite equal last year's score, but did better on 80/40 by quite a bit.
The ARRL 10 meter contest should be really something this year.  Wish
they had RTTY.

5-band sweep with K9NS, AA5AU, W5KFT and K1TTT.  Missed WAS, though;
never heard Alaska or South Dakota.

After seven years of RTTY contesting and much trying, FINALLY worked a
JA on 80m.  Actually worked SEVEN of them.  Yay!

Like some others, I'm waiting for a clarification on the VE province
question.  RTTY by WF1B loads the prefix regardless of what was sent.
Legal or not?  If the powers that be demand logging exactly what was
sent, I'm not going to submit my log since it would be massively
incorrect with no way of fixing it.  Hope common sense prevails.

Eddie?

The details:

2001 CQ WW RTTY Contest

Call used: W7TI
Location:  California, USA (sixth call district)

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80        64    87    32     6     8
40       117   159    40    12    11