[RTTY] 23 Hz. RTTY Tuning Difficulties

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 23 Hz. RTTY Tuning Difficulties
From: Vince Staffo" <vstaffo@twcny.rr.com (Vince Staffo)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 18:00:26 -0400
I tried to make some contacts in the 23 Hz.
RTTY Contest this weekend, but no luck. I had
a lot of difficulty tuning in stations using MMTTY.
I had to turn off the SQ and BPF to finally copy
a couple stations who were quite strong at my
location. The signal presented in the cross hairs
and spectrum scope was very difficult to interpret
as to when I had it tuned in or not! When I finally
did get a couple stations tuned in I could not make
contact with them! Perhaps there are some optimum
settings in MMTTY for 23 Hz. RTTY that I am not
aware of?

Vince  WB2FYZ
Ilion, NY USA