[RTTY] RTTY World Ranking List

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY World Ranking List
From: dk3vn@arcormail.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 17:41:36 +0100
Norman Gomm wrote:

> Congratulations Waldermar on a stunning idea.
>
> The list provides a new goal for the small gun RTTY contester.
> Most/many/some of us enjoy contesting for the fun, challenge or excuse to
> get away from matters domestic, but knowing full well that we will probably
> never win a contest.  Improving our ranking on the list is an achievable and
> realistic target, which will greatly enhance participation.
>
> My next beer(s) will be in your honour.
>
> Norman
> VK6GOM

Hi Norman,

many thanks for your fine comment. It was not my goal, but meanwhile
I believe, if this ranking concept will be accepted by many HAM's, maybe
it will help the small contests to attract more particpants in the future,
let us see what happens ...

Unfortunately never I have been in the western part of Australia. Maybe
next time, when I have to go to Down Under for a couple of days? Hope
to see you then and let us "kill" a few bottles "XXXX", or what ever
your prefer? ;-)

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn German DX Foundation #207 http://www.gdxf.de
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low!