[RTTY] RESULTS: Off Topic - Need Advice on Receiving Antenna for 80M

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RESULTS: Off Topic - Need Advice on Receiving Antenna for 80M
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 18:00:36 -0500
Wow, I sure got a lot of replies already on this situation.  I've probably
learned more about low band antennas in one afternoon than I did the
previous 30 years as a ham. hi

>From reading off the Internet and from the replies I received, I can see
that a beverage antenna will probably not work because I wouldn't be
able to direct it toward EU because the direction is wrong.

Several great ideas including the EWE and Pennant antennas which I am
going to investigate further.  I suppose if I want to get serious about low
band antennas I need to buy the Low Band DX'ing book by ON4UN as
several of you suggested.

Thanks for all the replies.  I'll let you know with what I come up with
for the contest.

73, Don AA5AU