[RTTY] Triple Delight - Thanks BARTG & 3Y0C

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Triple Delight - Thanks BARTG & 3Y0C
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 18:41:46 -0500
I had a RTTY triple delight today.

1.  I received a nice certificate from BARTG for 7th place World
in the 2001 BARTG RTTY Sprint.  Thanks to BARTG for sponsoring
this fun contest.  I've scanned the certificate.  It may be viewed at:
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/cert_bartgsprint01.html

2.  I also received a nice QSL card from 3Y0C for my #323 current
DXCC Entity on RTTY confirmed.  Only two more for RTTY Honor Roll!
Man, was that a cool contact, a bit strange, but fun nonetheless.

3.  I took my compass out when I got home tonight and found that my
property edge behind my house is at 60 degrees.  I had thought it was at
90 degrees.  This angle will allow me to build a beverage antenna for
80 meters 580' long pointed at 45 degrees with much less feed line as
originally thought.  Again, thanks for the tremendous response from everyone.
The swamp doesn't look any more appealing though.

Now, if anyone can tell me if Otto, UA4WAE, will be QRV from Malpelo
on RTTY in October as he previously announced to me earlier this year,
I think I just might have to smile today! hi

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.geocities.com/aa5au/