[RTTY] W9HLY summary JARTS 2001 RTTY contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W9HLY summary JARTS 2001 RTTY contest
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 14:09:34 -0700
On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:01:46 -0500, w9hly@decaturnet.com wrote:

>Speaking of 'how too's', how do I approach, objectively,
>fairness when your asked to QSY from 40 to 80, print(?) the station
>without having some bias as to what the call and info is?

A good question.  My rule is if I can't print the info, even if I know
it in advance, I didn't get it and therefore there is no QSO.

Ok, I do fudge a little bit.  Normally, unless the signal is VERY
strong, I want to see the info print twice before I accept it.  Both
callsign and exchange.  In the case of knowing in advance, I'll accept
it if it prints only once.

Sound reasonable?

73, Bill W7TI