[RTTY] Conditions and exchanges

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Conditions and exchanges
From: kchen@apple.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:33:07 -0700
> 4.  The only exception to #2 is for my own call.  For example, if I
> receive my call once right and once wrong, I accept that he has my call
> right.  The chances of him having it wrong twice but also having a bit
> flip which makes one of them right are so small as to be insignificant
> (I hope).

If you receive one right and one wrong, it really is 2 out of 3, not 1
out
of 2, since the a-priori probability should include the known (correct)
callsign :-).

BTW, my normal practice is to log JA as Zone 25, even if I print Zone 26.
I just feel too stupid asking a JA for his zone number!

Also (ahem! this one may not be kosher) as an S&P, I would often print
an exchange prior to my own QSO, and I use that to aid what I log, too.
Is that "skill," or is that cheating?

73
Chen, AA6TY