[RTTY] XP1AB Rtty, QSL Info

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] XP1AB Rtty, QSL Info
From: ekki@plicht.de (Ekki)
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 00:31:35 -0000
Hello list,

thanks to all who worked me during my trip to OX-land. Sorry i couldn't get
more on the air in RTTY, but of course i had to let other operators continue
to work the pile ups after the contest.

We started about one day later on the air as planned, due to delays in
getting the towers up in adverse arctic weather. My lack of experience with
the FT-1000 (three different models) didn't help with the setup, some cables
i brought with me didn't work reliably, so no PSK, no SSTV, just plain FSK
with the trusted PTC-II.

The condx were bad on low bands, also during the SSB contest (yes, there are
SSB contests, not only RTTY :-) due to a aurora. But when you are above the
arctic circle even a minor aurora can severely hamper your ability to be
heard. We heard the whole world on 40m and half of it on 80m, but nobody
heard us. And yes, we did have a linear and good antennas.

So RTTY ops were limited to 10,15,20, no WARC, no 40 and lower. The condx on
the upper bands were fine though, i worked nearly 24hrs on monday with the
minor interruption of an after-contest-ham-dinner.

Anyway, it was big fun, the SSB contest as well as RTTY after the weekend.
It was fun to see the sore throated SSB ops wonder about the ease of doing
RTTY contacts by just clicking away with the mouse hi hi. They even thought
about doing a RTTY contest next time up there.

Unfortunately the special XP1AB callsign (a former MARS station in Sondre
Stromfjord) will be decommisioned after today (Oct.31), so the 600 of you
really were lucky to work it for the last time ever. The new call of the
club will be OX2 or OX3something.

QSL Info:
Only direct to OZ1ACB
Allis Andersen, OZ1ACB
Kagsaavej 34
DK-2730 Herlev
DENMARK
mailto:oz1acb@get2net.dk

http://www.qsl.net/xp1ab
Please include SASE and at least one greenstamp or IRC.

The log will be published on the website in the next days.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the XP1AB expedition.

73,
Ekki, DF4OR