[RTTY] RTTY contesing and MixW

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY contesing and MixW
From: obrienaj@netsync.net (Andrew J. O'Brien)
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 13:00:59 -0500
I am not claiming MixW to be up to par with WF1B.  MixW is a soundcard based
digital mode software application featuring RTTY, PSK31, MFSK16, CW, SSTV,
and more. It costs money ($50.00) and works generally very nicely.  The
contest features in MixW are fairly basic and are being gradually added, I
assume it will get better as it grows.  MixW is by Nick UT2UZ and  a free
demo version (fully working) can be accessed at
http://tav.kiev.ua/~nick/my_ham_soft.htm

At the moment I would argue that the combination of MMTTY , which is FREE,
and Writelog which cots $75.00 are probably the best for RTTY contesting.
Writelog does LOTS of good contesting and MMTTY does very good RTTY work.
MMTTY can be downloaded from http://www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/   Writelog info
can be accessed via http://www.writelog.com/

There is another contesting product currently being beta tested called N1MM
Logger  ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/N1MMLogger ) that is free.  It seems
to have much promise but is still in early development and does not have all
the major contests added yet.  N1MM Logger has MMTTY doing it's RTTY work
also.

Andy KB2EOQ