[RTTY] Buffer Follow-up and P38 Question

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Buffer Follow-up and P38 Question
From: dmcduff@gate.net (W4OX, Doug McDuff)
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:11:17 -0500
Just wanted to add $0.000002 (adjusted for inflation) worth regarding
buffer formatting and whether or not to use the ubiquitous "-" between
numbers in the report.

In both JARTS and WAE (definitely a very part-time effort using a vertical
on the fence as the other antennas were done for maintenance) I went
without the "-" in the report buffer.  Perhaps it was strictly
psychological, but I had the definite "sense" that I had far fewer requests
for repeats.  This "sense" seem bolstered in WAE with only the vertical as
I doubt I even qualified for little pistol status.  In any event, I am
going to stick with a space versus the "-".

On another note, I have friend who acquired a P38 with no manual.  Does
anyone have one handy that can let me know the settings for the DIP
switches on the board?  If so, please email me directly.

Thanks & 73, Doug W4OX