[RTTY] TARA 2001 - W9HLY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] TARA 2001 - W9HLY
From: w9hly@decaturnet.com (w9hly@decaturnet.com)
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 22:12:53 -0500
I kinda lost my motivation for the contest. An hour before the start
the XYL announces, "it's time to put up the tree". With my grandson
visiting, just for that task, I was obligated to participate.

The shorty contests have a virtue of their own. You know it ain't gonna
last long. You don't have to schedule your rest periods. You do more
frequent band changing to snag multipliers. It all adds a level of zest that
may not be shared by the backbreakers.

I was pleasantly surprised by the goodly amount of activity. Hats off to
the Europeans and further east stations who stuck around. JA's? Worked
only one (1).

QSO: 249     STA: 33   PROV: 5     DX:  32    Claimed score: 17,430

Vern