[RTTY] slightly off topic

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] slightly off topic
From: vk4cej@hamsnet.net (John - vk4cej)
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:14:20 +1000
I know that this posting is not precisly to do with rtty, but an answer may
certainly help me work more of that mode.

I have been looking for a small stand alone program that does beam heading
calculations... I know that there are some available but the ones I have
seen do not do what I want......  I want one that, when I enter my latitude
and londitude will then allow me to type in a call prefix and will show me
the short and long path bearings from my qth.     I know that there are
logging programs that do this, but I want something that is small and
standalone.    Does anyone know of such a program and can point me to it, or
alternatively, tell me where I can get hold of the formulae for doing this
and I will have a go at making something myself.

John - vk4cej