[RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP Roundup

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP SOABLP Roundup
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:58:11 -0000
Hello and HNY to you all!

Well, someone obviously gave up a few virgins for this one, and I have to
say it was appreciated!

SOAPBOX:
Well, I started off with the remnants of flu, and felt lousy for most of the
time, but that didn't stop me playing. Conditions were better (from here,
anyway) on the Sunday than they were during the first hours of the contest.

Missed a few 'good' states, such as NM (K5AM) and WY(WG7Y), both of which
were seen here, but not worked. Also saw TWO KL7 stations, but worked
neither.
It was also very pleasing to see Larry AH8LG on 20m around 0815, but the
pile-up was silly. Welcome back Larry, and I hope to see you in other
contests!
I had a nice run of W6/W7/VE6/VE7 so conditions were obviously good, and
what a joy to work Raj from home! Had a hard time finding Don AA5AU, who was
real weak here, but I got him in the end!
And yes, I even worked an all time new one! Bruce ZF2NT was that man, and a
big thankyou for that one Bruce! Hope to see more of you in 2002!

Despite working more on 20m, I think that 10 & 15 were the best for DX.
One thing I noted in this contest was the number of BIG signals that
appeared to have very poor ears!
There were a couple of W's with excellent signals that just didn't seem to
hear a good many of the callers. At first, I thought it may be conditions at
their end, but they seemed just as deaf even late into the contest.

So here is what I managed:
ARRL RTTY Roundup 2002
Call used: GU0SUP
Location:  Guernsey

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Low Power
Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80         0          0      0         0
40        20        20     0        16
20        98        98    24       30
15        57        57     23       22
10        74        74    29       23
--------------------------------------
Total    249    249    49*    52*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)
--------------------------------------

Claimed Score: 25149

Software: RTTY by WF1B  v5.02 + MMTTY
Operating time : about 18 hours overall.
Power Output: 60 watts

States I missed:
CO  GA  IA  MT  ND  NM  NV  WY
NF  NB  NT YT and Nunavut

Very best wishes to all of you, HNY, thanks for the contest points, and see
you in BARTG later this month!
73 de Phil GU0SUP