[RTTY] N4IQ RTTY ROUNDUP 2001

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] N4IQ RTTY ROUNDUP 2001
From: n4iq@charter.net (Bill Chartier N4iQ)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:11:45 -0500
SCORE:

N4IQ                   State: SC

Single Op. All Band High Power

Claimed Score:  107,470   (Last yr: 104,000)

Operated 24 hours - off  0600Z-1200Z

Band         QSO  State  Prov.   DX
80M            49        0        0        0
40M          213        3        0        4
20M          253        8        0        5
15M          245       16       4        20
10M          217       20       6        24
Total         977        47     10        53

RIG:  TS850sat   AL-800H @ 700w all bands
          80/40 Broad Banded Dipole @55 ft
          20-10 M  2-element mini beam @ 60
          R7 Cushcraft vertical (40-10M) @35 ft (center of ant)
          (Used the vertical a LOT on 20-10M; signals were coming
            from every direction!)

Comments:  This was the first contest I have ever used WriteLog - what a
                    great program!  Used dual rtty rx windows:  PK232DSP
(and fsk xmt)
                    and the MMRtty program (optimized) with a Timewave
59+DSP filter
                    at 250Hz and in rtty 2.2 khz position.   Rig IFs at
250hz with IF low cut
                    up one notch. I noticed almost no difference in the
performance of the two
                    rtty demodulators (which was a surprise).

Additional comments:
                    TNX to Don AA5AU for his excellent articles about dual
RTTY rx in
                    WriteLog and his 2001 RTTY RU operating summary after
last year's
                     contest.  TNX to my xyl for putting up with this hobby.
TNX to the
                    ARRL for sponsoring the contest.  TNX to all the other
operators who                             make this a fun contest.  This is
my favorite contest of the year.

                    I am still learning and trying to improve; I have some
ideas for next
                    year. 73 to everyone.  Bill