[RTTY] RTTY Roundup K0BX Results MS HP + Packet

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup K0BX Results MS HP + Packet
From: k0bx@qsl.net (k0bx@qsl.net)
Date: 9 Jan 2002 07:23:38 -0800
                     ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K0BX
Operator(s): K0BX + PACKET
Station: K0BX

Class: M/S HP + Packet
QTH: MO
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:         1
   40:     153
   20:     236
   15:     248          <---Multipliers --->
   10:     277         W-VE    DX     Total
Total:    916    916                     118   =  108,088

Club: Boeing Employees Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Fine contest.  My goal was 750 q's but I beat that.
Running Hi Power really helped. Our Henry 4K Ulta didn't even get warm at
1450 Watts.
Biggest kick was having all the Europeans calling me while I was CQ'ing on
7082.  I only made 1 QSO on 80, I could hear only one station above the noise.
I have seen comments about low activity?  I been in every RR and it wasn't that
long ago that make 500 QSO was rare.  This use to be a stateside contest, like
the Novice Roundup.  Working any DX was rare.  Now look, guys are making over
1000 QSO's, while on 10 and 15, I thought I was in a DX contest with the number
of Europeans on.  Yes it is possible to work everyone and still have time left
in the contest.  But this is RTTY and not SSB/CW.
Cu Next Year.
Joe K0BX

k0bx@qsl.net
http://www.qsl.net/k0bx