[RTTY] RTTY Roundup - N5ZM M/S LP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY Roundup - N5ZM M/S LP
From: n5zm@arrl.net (Earl)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:35:30 -0600
  ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N5ZM
Operator(s): N5ZM, N5RN
Station: N5ZM

Class: M/S LP
QTH: AR
Operating Time (hrs): 24

    80:     60
    40:    169
    20:    214
    15:    239            <---Multipliers --->
10:    220            W-VE    DX     Total
Total:    902    902      57     61      118   =  106,436

Club:

Comments:

First, Glenn and myself want to thank everyone who gave us a Q and a
special
thanks to Scot K9JY for the great job he has done with his WriteLog
Webpage.
Also to Don AA5AU for helping me get off the ground with WriteLog.
        The week before the contest here was very hectic. Got a new computer
for the
Shack of course then come loading all the software, not to mention
trying to
get it to work. This was my first contest with WriteLog (my fault, I've
had it
since May) and we started the contest hoping it was setup properly.
WriteLog
worked flawlessly here for the entire contest. Got a long way to go
before we
learn all the ins and outs of this powerful program. Sure missed those
F-Keys
being on the screen as in RTTY by WF1B.
        Still using the single station here a FT-1000MP, PK-232 and WriteLog.
My
first
interest is in DXing so the antennas here are great for that, but stink
for a
stateside contest. I need to install a TA-33 or similar tri-bander, and at
least now that I have WriteLog running to get a second decoder (soundcard)
working.
        I guess the biggest disappointment in the contest was the poor showing
on 40
Mtrs it has always produced more Q's than this year. also like others have
mentioned many many unanswered CQ's.
        Congratulations to AA4NC for a great score. I guess we will have to
wait and
see how they count the CHADS. Hi Hi!!

73s, Earl N5ZM..

--