[RTTY] Re getting more logs for RTTY contests

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re getting more logs for RTTY contests
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:53:32 -0000
Hi all,

Well, I had a few direct responses to my suggestions about getting more folk
to submit logs, and I have to say that I seem to have got things a little
mis-directed!

What I should have pointed out was that I was trying to encourage some of
the so-called "newbies" to submit logs!
Out of curiosity, I checked the results of the ANARTS contest, and I see
that there were logs from only THREE G stations! One was me, and there was
one other G (can't recall the callsign at the moment), plus MJ/DL1ZBO.

Now, I worked several G's and GM's during that one, so where were their
entries?

Now, I know - and fully appreciate - that SOME of you don't/can't/won't
submit entries formally, and that is your choice, but most of you have well
known calls, and simply choose not to sumbit an entry.
Even if you don't want any more wallpaper, I would still tend to argue that
you should at least submit an entry as a check-log, simply to aid the
contest organisers, and also to show support for their efforts.

So, I was simply trying to encourage the newcomers to the RTTY contesting
scene to sumbit an entry, and was NOT trying to alter the way some of you
think.
My apologies if I offended you, but it was done with the best of intentions!

73 to all, and hope to see some of you in BARTG
Phil GU0SUP