[RTTY] DJ3IW BARTG SPRINT SOAB LP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] DJ3IW BARTG SPRINT SOAB LP
From: k4ww@home.com (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:10:40 -0500
"COULD ALL CONTESTERS START (and end) ALL TRANSMISSIONS WITH A CR, PLEASE"

"I did see that quite a few ops didn't heed the rules where it says the
exchange is SERIAL NUMBER ONLY, and some even went as far as sending
599-599-599-001, which I received from one station!"

"BTW, in case anyone is interested, I could do without people sending 5NN in
this mode also"

"The problem was sure not the dash between serial No´s. Show this operators
the way to rules"

I couldn't help but notice the above "comments", among others, along with
score posting's. IMHO, unless these comments are individually addressed with
the offending operators, they are just "wasted words"? I keep a note pad
along side just for things I would like to do after the contese. Example:
X2XX (call changed to protect the guilty) calling CQ, without QRL, on my run
frequency, 14.074, 2144Z! I then attempt to send a "friendly"  email,
direct, asking for an explanation. I suggest "we" do the same with the
"offending" operators, directing them to the "official" rules site along
with the various RTTY "help" sites. Tell them about this reflector, ask them
to subscribe to it. Do whatever is necessary to assist them in becoming
"professional" amateur RTTY contesters! With the increase of casual RTTY
operators, a necessity for a high score, IMHO, mentoring is more suitable
than complaining?

Disclaimer: This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but all in general!

C'Ya, Shelby